Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations govern the granting of permits to use school facilities:
- No organization shall be granted the use of any school facility for a meeting or activity, which will seriously interfere with the regular work of the school either inside or outside of school hours; or with the maintenance of renovation program. Use of school facilities during vacation periods will be conditional upon the requirements to service buildings in each instance.
- The applicant must ensure the facility is left in the same condition as it was found. Your group will be responsible for; cursory clean of the space including the washrooms, exterior doors are locked, windows secure and lights are turned off. Custodial services will be charged if clean up does not meet Board standards. If there is any missing/damaged equipment or property, the group will be responsible for payments to replace/repair. Financial charges will apply if emergency personnel are called to the site unnecessarily.
- The event supervisor of the approved permit shall be responsible for the conduct and supervision of all persons admitted to the school building and shall ensure that all regulations contained herein are strictly observed.
- The organization will enter and leave the school at or between the times indicated on the permit. If the organization requires extra time before or after the planned event, this time should be arranged for when requesting use of the school and included on the permit.
- The applicant will ensure that nothing of an inflammatory, discriminatory or contentious nature will be permitted in the buildings.
- Alcoholic beverages and gambling are not allowed with the exception of licensed lotteries and bingos.
- No smoking and/or vaping is permitted in or within 20 metres of Avon Maitland District School Board property.
- Use only those areas of the school indicated on the permit. Other areas of the school are not to be entered.
- The applicant will not make any alteration of any description to the building or equipment without first obtaining permission this includes: marking of floors and walls with tape or any sticky adhesive.
- The applicant, on behalf of himself/herself and on behalf of the group or organization using the school facilities, agrees to indemnify and save harmless the Board, its employees or agents and their respective successors and assigns, from any and all claims that may arise out of the use of the school facilities by the permit holder including any claims that might be made against them as a result of personal injury to persons using the school facilities pursuant to the permit, or any damage to or loss of articles (including loss by theft) belonging to the applicant, the applicant’s group or organization, or anyone else entering upon the school facilities as a result of the issuance of this permit.
- The applicant and the applicant’s group or organization using school facilities assumes full liability to the Board for any losses of or damage to the property of the Board, or any neighbouring property, resulting from the use of the school facilities pursuant to the permit. Avon Maitland District School Board strongly suggests that each applicant obtain adequate liability insurance coverage for its use of the school facilities.
- Winter footwear must be removed. Use only rubber-soled shoes for athletic activities.
- Misuse of facilities will result in the immediate cancellation of current and future permits.
- The applicant shall agree the permit may be revoked or cancelled at any time and that in the event of such cancellation, there shall be no claim or right to damage or reimbursement on account of any loss, damage or expense incurred by the applicant.
- The applicant, on behalf of himself/herself and/or on behalf of the group or organization using the school facilities, agrees to cancel rented space within 48 hours of the approved permit. If notice is not given, charges may be incurred.
- In the event the policy or these rules and regulations cause a dispute or require clarification or interpretation, a determination shall be made by the CUS department and such determination shall be final. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any applicant shall have the right of appeal to the Board.
- Sporting equipment either throwing and/or hitting are not allowed inside AMDSB buildings due to proven building damage. No hard balls, futsal balls or pitching machines etc.
- Service animals are permitted as per Administrative Procedure 146 - Use of Service Animals by General Public.
Note: *Facilities refers to school building and grounds